Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas break makeover project

Where did Christmas go?? It seems like time just keeps getting faster and faster! Did we even have Christmas and not to mention......it's a NEW YEAR! Wow, 2010 is here, how time flies.

Even though it flew by, we sure enjoyed our Christmas break with family and friends. Having the kids home for 2 wks. always leaves room for some Christmas break projects. So I'm going to let you in on what we did this break.

My oldest daughter(13yrs.) has been wanting to redo our downstairs bathroom for sometime now. She kept throwing the color blue out to me and it just wasn't cutting it with me. I needed to brainstorm before I decided to take this on. Well, before Christmas Shy and I were shopping and she kept mentioning how she loved "zebra stripe" decor. A lightbulb went off. I've got it, we'll paint the bathroom red and have zebra stripe accents. She loved it and we began to put our thoughts and ideas together and that's what the pictures are of that you just saw. We absolutely love it. My daughters love it so much they want to sleep there!!! LOL!!

These are our before and after pictures of our Christmas break makeover project. Talk about needing some much needed patience. I like to do things my way and having a 13& 5yr old helping paint stretched me a wee bit, but it was so worth it all. (Even with all the touch ups and scrubbing I had afterwards!!) The memories will last a lifetime!! That's what I love about the things we do with our kids.






Didn't Shy do an amazing job?!? I'm so proud of her. No help from mom what so ever.





All of the zebra stripe decor. was painted by my daughter. I'm so excited to start seeing the creative side of her. Since I'm constantly trying to do projects as cheaply and as creative as possible, I'm glad she's starting to realize how fun it is to throw things together that you already have, just by painting them etc...(and saving money$$$$ at the same time!!) It's amazing how the looks of something can change just by painting them!!

$15/gal red caboose paint(semi-gloss)
$7/pt black paint(semi-gloss)
$6 for a black shower curtain/liner(no pictures yet)
$2.49 zebra strip fleece blanket to hang as a shower curtain (no pictures yet)
$7.98/2 black towels at Target
--------------
total $38.47
-$13 (gift card)
_____________
$25.47

Not too shabby for a complete, new look!!

No comments:

Post a Comment